Discover your journalistic USP and design
the career you want
When : Monday 20th June 2016
Time: 18.30 - 21.00pm
Where: 3 Smith Square, Westminster, London SW1P 3HS
Ticket price : £25: Includes light supper and a glass of wine
Only 14 places: early booking recommended
This workshop with leading personal development coach Nina Grunfeld, Founder and CEO of Life Clubs, has been designed especially for WIJ members who want to get more out of their career but aren’t sure how.
It’s for journalists at the beginning of their careers who are unclear about which way to go, those in their mid-career who are downshifting while raising kids, and those who may recently have been made redundant or have retired, but still want or need to stay in the game.
Unless you’re a well-established superstar it’s vital to develop a niche and be a ‘go to’ person for a particular topic or skill set. This self-development workshop has been created especially for WIJ members to enable you discover that niche and feel confident about yourself. It will also help you understand what you don’t want to do. In the workshop you will be designing the next two years of your career, so you can start to plan your future.
If you’ve ever wondered why anyone would hire you, after this Women In Journalism evening self-development workshop, you’ll know the answer.
Did you know that:
● You are unique and your niche will feel completely comfortable once you find it
● When you feel confident about who you are and what you’re selling you’ll find it easier to get work
● Knowing what you don’t want stops you wasting time
● Having a plan gives you focus
In a small, interactive group, we’ll:
● Inspire you to find the themes that have run through your life and that make you unique
● Allow you to understand what you don’t want to do
● Help you see what you want for your future
What journalists say about Nina’s workshops
● ‘It slightly pains me to admit it, but life coaching with Nina Grunfeld has made me a happier person.’ Clover Stroud in the Daily Telegraph
● ‘Rather than giving precise instructions, Life Clubs offered gentle guidance to getting to know myself better.’ Joanna Della-Ragione in the Daily Express
● ‘I left Life Clubs feeling brighter, lighter and more positive. On the way home, I made a detour into Peter Jones to buy myself a new mug — a pink one — in defiance of the unwritten white-only crockery rule in our house. Change indeed.’ Jackie Annesley in Evening Standard
Nina Grunfeld started her career as a graphic designer, then worked as an author and journalist (columns in Daily Telegraph and Evening Standard) for most of her life. Twelve years ago she started Life Clubs – a continuation of her passion for helping individuals discover what makes them unique.
Life Clubs runs local workshops around England and in the corporate environment. Nina’s self-development books, The Big Book of Me, The Life Book and How To Get What You Want have been published by Short Books, Pearson and Walker Books.
WiJ Summer Party
Where : Geological Society, Piccadilly
When : July 7, 2016
Time : 19.00 to 21.00
Tickets : Members £12.50 and non members £25 ( plus booking fee)
Bar supported by Gorkana - with thanks
Accidental Conference: Funny Money
Saturday 11th June 2016, 9.30am – 5.30pm
JLL, 30 Warwick Street, London, W1B 5NH
Earlybird deal available to your WIJ members:
£110, (Full Price £130, includes buffet lunch) – quote code FWASSOC16.
Confidence is no accident as Funny Women, the leading female comedy community, sets out to prove at its next Accidental Conference On Saturday 11th June in Central London.
The event explores our innately female relationship with money in all its complexity – from getting paid to running your own business.
Not all of us are natural born entrepreneurs yet the ability to successfully manage your finances both professionally and privately provides a firm basis for a happier and fulfilling life. Combine this with a range of performance based ‘soft’ skills like improvisation, body language, negotiation and public speaking and you’ve got yourself a winning formula.
Ticket price includes your choice of four fantastic workshops, facilitated by an eclectic range of speakers including journalists, accountants, comedians, investment bankers and vicars! Plus a magnificent headline speaker, Deb Leary OBE, who will talk about the highs and lows of making money. Read more about the sessions and who is facilitating them here.
For more information about the Accidental Conference: Funny Money please click here.
or simply book now!
WiJ members are invited to the annual presentation of BJR’s Charles Wheeler Award for
Outstanding Contribution to Broadcast Journalism
on Tuesday 14 June 2016, 6.15pm
WIJ/ NINA’S WORKSHOP – JUNE 20