Funny Women are at the Brighton Fringe Festival 2015 on Saturday 2nd May and Sunday 3rd May, offering budding comedians and comedy lovers a Weekend Comedy Academy packed with workshops to help women find their funny. No matter what your talent, there’s a workshop, lab or exercise for you, led by some of the industry’s top comedy bods. They’re offering WiJ members 20% off weekend tickets with the discount code FWBFF. To find out more click here!
Build your own website in a day!
Join us on Thursday 7th May 2015, 10am – 4.30pm, £95 for the day
University of Westminster, 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2HW
Those of you who attended our workshop on ‘Raising your profile in a digital world’ will remember that award-winning freelance journalist, editor and trainer, Chris Wheal, talked about website building and how individuals can boost their web presence without wasting money on SEO consultants.
Many of those who were there were keen to receive some training in this area and Chris has offered to run a one day intensive course, exclusively for Guild members, which will show you how to build and run a WordPress-based website. The course is ideal for anyone who is looking for help either to get started or to simply revamp an existing WordPress-based hosted website.
The course will cover:
- installing new themes (design templates) and adapting them
- adding plug-ins – including search engine optimisation, contacts form etc.
- using sidebars and widgets
- using categories and tags
- creating a menu
- putting in photos, video and audio
- integrating social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
You will need:
- your own laptop (iPads require using an app, with a different interface and reduced functionality so are not appropriate for setting up and starting your website)
- written material for at least five pages/posts
- photos for each page/post
- a list of suitable and relevant links for each page/post
You must know:
- how to connect your laptop to Wi-Fi
- how to get your email
- how to cut, copy and paste text
- your log-in details (username and passwords) for everything
FOR MORE DETAILS AND TO SIGN UP – PLEASE EMAIL – email@example.com
Guild of Health Writers, Dale Lodge,88 Wensleydale Road, Hampton TW12 2LX