When: Thursday 27th September
Where: Wiggin LLP, 9th Floor, Met Building, 22 Percy Street,London W1T 2BU ( just off Tottenham Court Rd)
Time: 18.30 drinks.Panel starts at 19.15. Panel ends 20.15.
Drinks and networking until 21.00
When it comes to asking for more money, whether you are on staff or freelance, is something women are bad at. Younger women frequently under estimate their worth; older women, often having had a career break for children, just seem to be grateful just to have the work at all. Men don’t see a problem.
But negotiating is a vital skill that will get you the pay you deserve and help close the gender gap. We want to empower our members, and our panel will tell you what mistakes women often make in pay negotiations, how to prepare, how to get what you want – and what you are worth.
- Lucy Foster, content director, Shortlist Media
- Mernie Gilmore, woman’s editor, Daily Express
- Jem Collins, digital journalist and editor, founding director of @JournoResources and current WIJ Georgina Henry Award holder
- Lisa Unwin & Deb Khan, co-founders of She’s Back and authors of She’s Back, Your Guide to Returning to Work
- Monisha Rajesh, journalist, travel writer and author of ‘Around India in 80 trains ‘
Tickets : Members £10 . Non members £20 ( plus booking fee) CLICK HERE