It’s always wise to develop your networks and increase your knowledge and in these uncertain economic times it’s more important than ever. Women in Journalism was founded in 1994 with the aim of networking, campaigning and training – and that’s never been truer than today. Whatever stage of your career whether you are a student, staffer or freelance you are assured a warm welcome at Women In Journalism.
1. Personal development- whatever your interest in journalism we run a range of seminars and the chance to hear some of the best journalists in their field– covering everything from business journalism to career planning and investigative reporting.
2. Networking – the chance to meet like minded people, share your experience and ideas and hear about work opportunities.
3. Research – we’ve carried out research into representation of women and young people in the media.
4. Fun – we host parties in the summer and Christmas, offering members the perfect opportunity to meet friends and invite their contacts in some of the most stunning venues in London.
5. Friendship – whatever area of journalism you’re interested in from politics to travel Women in Journalism offers a chance to get to know other journalists and build their support network.
And our extensive media network means our members hear about other events which might interest them.
Membership starts at just £20 (£10 for students)
Follow us on Twitter @WIJ_UK
WIJ is open to women journalists from national and regional newspapers, online media, magazines and wire service, as well as freelance journalists, photo-journalists, sub-editors and women in management positions within the industry. Please see below for WIJ membership rates.
What WIJ offers you when you join our network
The Current Annual Membership Fees
Full Membership: London, S. East & Home Counties £35 by direct debit, £45 by cheque
- Full Membership Regional: £20 by direct debit, £25 by cheque
- First Two years at Work Membership: London, S. East & Home Counties £20 by direct debit, £30 by cheque
- First Two years at Work Membership Regional: £10 by direct debit, £15 by cheque
- Student rate: £10 by direct debit, £15 by cheque
Unfortunately WiJ we cannot advise on work related matters or legal issues