Have you ever thought it would be fun to interview celebrities and other famous people for a living, but are not sure where to start or how to go about it?
Top celebrity interviewers Nick McGrath and Donna Ferguson are hosting a webinar on June 22 (6pm) to explain exactly how to go about it – and we have asked the commissioning editors we write for to tell us what they are looking for in a pitch.
You will find out the names of the commissioning editors for each slot (Mail on Sunday, Sunday Times, Observer, Sun on Sunday, Telegraph and many others) and exactly what kind of celebrities they want and how they want you to pitch.
It’s a very practical webinar and you will leave after an hour and a half knowing how to make a living interviewing celebrities and having the tools to do it.
This webinar covered
1) How to go about getting interview time with a celebrity – the etiquette of who you actually contact first, and how you find a celebrity to interview
2) How to pitch a celebrity interview to an editor – with real life examples
3) How to build up publicist contacts
4)How to build relationships with editors and turn rejection into success
5) Top tips on how to get commissioned from commissioning editors themselves (who are happy for us to share their names and tips)
6)The chasing process – how to chase an email and get commissioned
7)How to deal with a collapsing commission
8) Any questions you have for Donna and Nick
Donna Ferguson is a multiple award-winning freelance journalist for The Guardian and a committee member of Women in Journalism.
Nick McGrath is an entertainment, lifestyle and travel journalist with 20 years experience writing regularly for all the nationals.
Watch back available soon